Understanding Your Bill
This guide is to help you understand the changes to your SCE bill with RMEA’s generation service. While RMEA is in charge of procuring the energy you use, you’ll still get your normal SCE bill.
- SCE will no longer charge you for electric generation; RMEA now procures energy on your behalf, from carbon-free and renewable energy sources.
- SCE will continue to charge for electric delivery – the transmission and delivery of your electricity – as well as required regulatory and program charges, at the same rates they always have. To learn more about your SCE energy statement visit sce.com.
- SCE adds fees specific to Community Choice Aggregation Programs – these fees are factored into RMEA’s rate setting process so that in total, customers still save money compared to SCE’s generation rates
Because SCE and RMEA are working together to provide your electric service, your bill will include charges from both SCE and RMEA, but there will never be any duplicate charges.
The example bill below is based on a Domestic rate schedule (the most common rate for a residential customer).
1. Customer Account Number
This SCE account number is needed to opt up to Premium Renewable Choice service or to opt out and return to SCE.
2. Southern California Edison (SCE) service account number
3. Rancho Mirage Energy Authority (RMEA) service account number
4. Southern California Edison (SCE) electric delivery charges
This is SCE’s charge for the delivery of electricity. It includes transmission, distribution, and a variety of other fees. It does NOT include generation charges if you’re an RMEA customer.
5. RMEA electric generation charges
This is RMEA’s charge for generation – the cost of the electricity you use in your home or business.
6. Total Amount Due
The Total Amount Due includes ALL of your fees for electric delivery and RMEA electricity generation services. You should pay the total amount due on your bill to SCE. By partnering with SCE to have just one bill, we keep it simpler for you.
7. Your Rate
This indicates the applicable rate schedule under which you are receiving electrical generation service from RMEA
8. SCE Delivery Charges
This is a breakdown of SCE’s charges for the delivery of electricity. It includes transmission, distribution, maintenance, and a variety of other fees. It does NOT include generation charges (the cost for the energy that you used) if you’re an RMEA customer. These rates are set by SCE as approved by the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC).
9. Your Delivery Charges Include
This is the breakdown of the Transmission, Distribution, Public Purpose Programs, taxes, and other fees required by law, including: Nuclear Decommissioning, Conservation Incentive Adjustment fees or credits, DWR Bond Charge, Competition Transition Charges (CTC), Energy Cost Recovery Amount, Taxes and Other.
10. CCA Generation Detailed Charges
This is a breakdown of RMEA’s electric generation charges. This rate was set by the Rancho Mirage City Council in a public hearing.
Questions? We’re Here To Help
RMEA and SCE are dedicated to working together to make your power service and billing as simple and convenient as we can. If you have questions about your RMEA charges, call us at (760) 578-6092 or email us at [email protected] For questions about other SCE charges, call SCE at 1-800-655-4555.