Although RMEA will become your energy provider, your bill will look much as it has in the past.
We’ve partnered with SCE to continue maintaining lines, starting and stopping power service and handling all billing. RMEA’s job is to buy cleaner power and fill their lines with it. That means you will continue to get just one bill each month for your electricity. Only the line(s) which address power generation will change.
- Once RMEA service starts for your business or residence, the line item for power generation on your SCE bill will be replaced by an RMEA charge for power.
- SCE will stop charging for generation but will continue to charge for the energy delivery services (typically referred to as “transmission and distribution”) and various regulatory fees. Because SCE and RMEA both provide separate electric services, your one bill will include charges from both SCE and RMEA.
If you want to know more about your bill, we invite you to review the sample bill below that explains the various charges:
1. Customer Account Number
This SCE account number is needed to opt up to Premium Renewable Choice service or to opt out and return to SCE.
2. Southern California Edison (SCE) service account number
3. Rancho Mirage Energy Authority (RMEA) service account number
4. Southern California Edison (SCE) electric delivery charges
This is SCE’s charge for the delivery of electricity. It includes transmission, distribution, and a variety of other fees. It does NOT include generation charges if you’re an RMEA customer.
5. RMEA electric generation charges
This is RMEA’s charge for generation – the cost of the electricity you use in your home or business.
6. Total Amount Due
The Total Amount Due includes ALL of your fees for electric delivery and RMEA electricity generation services. You should pay the total amount due on your bill to SCE. By partnering with SCE to have just one bill, we keep it simpler for you.
7. Your Rate
This indicates the applicable rate schedule under which you are receiving electrical generation service from RMEA
8. SCE Delivery Charges
This is a breakdown of SCE’s charges for the delivery of electricity. It includes transmission, distribution, maintenance, and a variety of other fees. It does NOT include generation charges (the cost for the energy that you used) if you’re an RMEA customer. These rates are set by SCE as approved by the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC).
9. Your Delivery Charges Include
This is the breakdown of the Transmission, Distribution, Public Purpose Programs, taxes, and other fees required by law, including: Nuclear Decommissioning, Conservation Incentive Adjustment fees or credits, DWR Bond Charge, Competition Transition Charges (CTC), Energy Cost Recovery Amount, Taxes and Other.
10. CCA Generation Detailed Charges
This is a breakdown of RMEA’s electric generation charges. This rate was set by the Rancho Mirage City Council in a public hearing.